My Photo
Name:
Location: WA

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My Home: Antigua






It rained today.
Hardcore.








This is the view out of my window. I was taking a nap, and BOOM!

The loudest thunderclaps I´ve ever heard in my life! I was so startled that I started shaking until I fell back asleep. :)

Here´s more of an idea of my living situation.



Here´s my room. It´s very comfortable. My roommate Lauren and I are living with a nice couple. We`re occupying what used to be their sons´ rooms. It´s nice because there´s an internet cafe right nextdoor.










This is the view from one of my windows into the backside of the house.





Mynor Melgar was our guest speaker in class today. He is a human rights lawyer who is the first to successfully prosecute officers accused of human rights abuses.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carmel said...

does meynor melga ever get death threats from those that he's prosecuted? i'm just making the assumptions that the folks he's prosecuted may be very well connected, might even have they're own death squads---trying to think of this in the Philippine context, but may be totally off.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home